Naples Valley Brand Thumbprint Cookies
- 1- 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1- 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4- 1/2 cups all purpose flower
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 jar of your favorite Naples Valley Brand Products jam
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the cream cheese mixture until just combined. Cover and chill until firm - about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll tablespoon of dough into balls and place them 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using your finger, make an indentation in the center of each ball, and fill with 1/2 teaspoon of NVBP Jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely